The Mankato Kiwanis club has two 501(c)3 organizations to which both members and non-members are welcome to contribute:
Kiwanis Scholarship Foundation
The scholarship foundation was created approximately nine years ago to help recognize and support students in the Mankato Area. A fund raising campaign helped the foundation reach a goal of $100,000 in 2010.
The total scholarship amount awarded each year is currently $8,000, but current income from the foundation is $1,200/yr. (1.2% interest). The balance is funded by club. Some scholarships were increased since fund was established to reflect the rising costs of tuition.
- MSU Business
- MSU Social Services
- MSU College of Education
- MSU Athletics
- MSU Environmental Physics
- Bethany Lutheran College
- South Central College
- Rasmussen College
- High School students: East, West, Loyola
- Students of the Month- One from our club plus two from MnDak Foundation
- Riverbend Academy
Foundation Chair: Scott Wojcik
Account Manager: Chris Roe
Scholarship Committee Co-Chairs: Barb Embacher & Jeff Lang
For more information contact Shannon Gullickson at 507 625 4715 or e-mail email@example.com
How to Give:
Checks can be made out to “Mankato Downtown Kiwanis Education Foundation"
You may want to consider:
- Designating your “Birthday Gift” to a foundation.
- Starting a matching campaign
- Adding this fund to your annual donation or long term gift plans